Tuesday, April 10, 2018

The Big Bumper Felapton Digest 2017 by Camestros Felapton

Release date: April 7, 2018
Subgenre: Non-fiction collection, humor

 About The Big Bumper Felapton Digest 2017:

 

An exciting compilation of essay, pictures and nonsense from the 2018 Hugo Award Finalist for Best Fanwriter, Camestros Felapton. Featuring Timothy the Talking Cat and Susan Triceracopter, the collection is a meandering sample of posts from the eponymous blog camestrosfelapton.wordpress.com. Covering topics such as The Last Jedi, Doctor Who and the sureal politics of 2017, the digest is Lancashire hotpot of gravy, potatoes and strange bits of meat in a tasty gravy. Enjoy! 

 

Excerpt:

 

Hello and welcome to The Big Bumper Felapton Digest 2017, a collection of essays, reviews, pictures and other nonsense produced by me or my various proxies in 2017. These are mainly from my blog Camestros Felapton but some either appeared at File 770 or started as comments there.

The blog is the train of thought of either me or the character also known as Camestros Felapton or his imaginary friends or their imaginary friends. The theme of the blog is logic, meaning, identity and the lefthand of those topics - nonsense , fallacy and the imagination. The blog started in 2015 during the height of the Hugo Award controversy surrounding the Sad Puppy and Rabid Puppy slates. At that time a number of my interests collided into a single topic, the alarming rise of rightwing extremism, science fiction & fantasy novels and the history of logic in Western Europe.

In the process I gained a talking cat and with him came a host of other characters.

The pieces have been slightly edited from their original forms. My approach to blog writing is to write what is in my head in the voice that best suits it. Consequently, my blog posts are usually only revised after I post them. I’m bad at finishing things and publishing my drafts is the only way I would publish anything. Typos, solecisms and other errors abound. Please accept my apologies for any errors in advance.

A shorter version of this collection will also be published for people who want to read fewer things.

Please enjoy.

Camestros Felapton - New South Wales, Australia

 

Free at Smashwords 

 

About Camestros Felapton: 


Camestros Felapton is an extended cosplay of a pair of syllogisms and their adventures in cyberspace. He is also the manager and amanuensis for Timothy the Talking Cat and a finalist for the 2018 Best Fanwriter Hugo Award.

Website | Twitter

 

No comments:

Post a Comment